2021 Auburn Turfgrass Education and Research Field Day and Poa Annua Golf Tournament
Poa Annua Classic Golf Tournament at Auburn University Club
REGISTRATION LINK FOR POA
July 7th – Auburn Turfgrass Education and Research Field Day
REGISTRATION LINK FOR FIELD DAY
Highlights from Turfgrass Education and Research Field Day:
- Proper use of pre- and post emergent products for control of crabgrass and goosegrass in the turfed landscape. Several studies will be included in this discussion – one hour in total, plus time for the attendees to view the plots on their own.
- We will discuss the use of novel pesticide materials (Bacillus subtilis) for disease control in bermudagrass putting greens. This will encompass about ½ hour.
- There will also be plots and discussion on the ‘Resist Poa’ project, a USDA funded multi-state project. This will cover the biology and management of Poa annua, a problematic weed. One hour in total.
- Another hour will be spent featuring several faculty who will cover updates and new advances in insect pest and nematode control, with a discussion on new materials.
- The final ½ hour will be spent in tours in the area of general turfgrass management. These will have relationships to turfgrass pest management through IPM strategies and Best Management Practices for turfgrass, which leads to reduced pesticide use.
The Deep South Turf Expo will be held November 1-4th in Biloxi, Mississippi. Our Annual Business Meeting will take place during that time. We hope everyone will save the date and make plans to attend. We look forward to greeting everyone in person at the Expo. Registration will begin soon. You can register for the Deep South at deepsouthturfexpo.org!
EXHIBITOR REGISTRATION OPEN
CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION LINK!
The Alabama Turfgrass Association would like to recognize and thank the following sponsors for their support: