SCROLL DOWN FOR COMPLETE LISTING
Assistant Superintendent, Old Overton Club, Birmingham, Alabama
Old Overton Club is looking for a motivated individual to join our golf maintenance team. We are private club that opened in 1993 and was named “Best New Course of 1994” by Golf Digest magazine. The course was designed by Tom Fazio and Jerry Pate with a full renovation of greens, tees and bunkers done last summer by Jerry Pate Design.
The duties of the job will include, but not be limited to scheduling of staff, pesticide and fertilizer applications, calibration, weed and disease scouting, irrigation management and repair, safety training, course setup, cultural practices, and special projects.
The requirements include:
2-4 year Turf degree
Must be able to lift 30#
Current pesticide license or ability to procure within 90 days
Valid driver’s license
Previous club experience required
General knowledge of golf
Local and national dues
Salary – BOE
Email cover letter and resume to Bruce Hospes, CGCS at email@example.com
Director of Commercial, Irrigation, & Golf Sales – Jerry Pate Turf & Irrigation
Jerry Pate Turf & Irrigation is searching for an experienced and high-energy Director of Commercial, Irrigation and Golf Sales. The successful candidate will be energetic, well organized, able to effectively manage a team, and able to demonstrate the ability to sell. This Director of Sales position is responsible for managing the overall sales, profitability and customer satisfaction of our Toro and Club Car territories, along with managing their direct reports on a daily basis. This individual will establish a strategy for the businesses and work closely with the outside sales staff and Account Executives, inside sales, and service departments.
Preferred Competencies, Qualifications, and Skills:
• Positive, energetic, creative personality with the experience and desire to get the job done.
• BS in Business or equivalent degree, MBA preferred. Minimum 5 years sales management experience in golf, dealer and or transferable businesses.
• Experience in planning processes, sales and workload planning, expense budget management.
• Possess strong human resource management skills: hiring, retention, motivation, coaching, problem solving, training and termination.
• Possess ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, organization, and time- management skills.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Background and motor vehicle checks will be performed.
E-mail resumes to
Cumberland Lake Golf Course
2150 Cumberland Lake Drive
Pinson, AL 35126
Contact Name: John Faler
Web Site Address: https://cumberlandlakegolf.com/
Email: Email resume to John Faler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties: Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directs and participates in the construction and maintenance of the golf course grounds including the scheduling and routing of personnel and equipment to accomplish the work. The Golf Course Superintendent frequently inspects the golf course and related areas to evaluate how well management standards are being achieved and to effect changes in management programs.
- Interviews, hires, train, and supervise a staff of employees for the purpose of maintaining the property. Administers and enforces all rules, regulations and policies for subordinate staff including Golf Course Mechanic, Greenskeepers, Student workers, etc..
- Acquires equipment and purchases necessary supplies to maintain the golf course. The superintendent is responsible for inventory control and oversees the equipment and irrigation maintenance programs.
- Plans all maintenance and project work, applying his or her agronomic and administrative expertise to achieve the agreed-upon maintenance standards and long-range goals.
- Provides technical, operational and safety training for employees to ensure that staff is working within OSHA, state, and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
- Supervises and participates in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the golf course grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Works closely with, advises, and coordinates with the Golf Course Manager/Shop Staff on any issues related to golf course maintenance.
- Reports to Golf Course Owner.
- Monitors expenditures against budget; prepares budget data for review/approval by supervisor/department head.
Requirements: 2–4-year degree in Turfgrass Management or Agronomics preferred
Job Related Skills: Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, fairways and roughs. Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in golf course construction and maintenance work. Interpersonal skill to resolve conflict and work with supervisors, employees, members and the general public. Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products. Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules and methods of play.
Experience: 3-5 years’ experience as a Golf Course Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.
Licenses/Certification: Alabama driver’s license; Possession of or ability to obtain commercial pesticide applicators license.
Salary Range: DOE
Benefits: Same as above
Date Available: 7/8/21
Net Connection LLC. is hiring.
Net Connection is a stable growing company that has been in business for 22 years. We are a specialty construction company based in Trussville, Alabama with a concentration in the design and installation of custom netting systems throughout Alabama, the southeast and the U.S. We service the golf, athletic and industrial/environmental industries. We are looking for individuals who desire a long term career and who want to be part of a great team. Any type of construction experience, golf course maintenance / management experience, or sports field construction experience is preferred. We offer a great benefits package that includes health insurance, matching retirement plan, annual raises and much more. Our work takes us throughout the U.S. and in some cases overseas, so travel is a requirement. All work related travel, lodging and per diem is paid for and provided by Net Connection. A current CDL license, equipment training (aerial devices, skid steer, track machines, etc.) and construction experience is preferred but not required.
Interested applicants can contact our office at 205-508-5902.